Friday, October 7, 2011

New York

My mom & her 3 sisters are coming into the city for a visit next week and I am so excited. It will be the first "sister trip" like this in a very, very, very long time.

To make sure we make the very most of their time, I feel I need to set up an itinerary for their 4 days here. I have started making lists of restaurant ideas for each neighborhood, indoor and outdoor activities for each neighborhood (in case the weather doesn't act the way we think it should), and maps, Even though I live in this great city & navigate it fine on my own, when you're walking 4 other people around, you don't want to go a block out of the way because you didn't turn where you meant to, or to be the one saying for a third time in a day "I swear it was right here! Let's try the next block." So, I'm getting my act together to play the very best hostess and tour guide.

With all the planning, this week has been ALL NEW YORK for me & it has made me step back & realize all that I have at my fingertips. I'm a lucky girl.

Doyers Street, Chinatown, New York City by Vivienne Gucwa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...