Monday, January 5, 2009

Postcards from the Edge


For 3 years now I've participated in the Postcards from the Edge Benefit.  All 3 of my postcards from earlier years have sold, so I hope that this year will not be any different.  

I think the whole concept is so great.  Artists (established & emerging) donate a piece of postcard-size art that is signed only on the back.  All postcards sell for $75 and only after the buyer purchases a particular card do they find the name of the artist.  The name of course could deem the piece much more valuable than $75, but if not, they at least have a new piece of art that they love. 

I think this is a win-win situation & a great way to raise money for promoting AIDS awareness and HIV-prevention through art, and a buyers way of feeling good about buying a new art piece for their collection.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...