Friday, August 31, 2012

Missed Flight

Have you ever missed a flight that wasn't 
because of a delay by the airline or traffic?  
Me neither...until tonight. 
Photo by Brian Burton Arsenault via Shutterstock
I must be more preoccupied (carefree) than I realize because I was sitting just feet from the gate having a pre-packaged (sophisticated) sandwich for dinner, waiting for my 9pm flight.  I even walked (strolled) by the gate, and continued on to look at some magazines at Hudson News only to return a couple of minutes later to see"Louisville - DEPARTED."
This is the very first such incident in all the years I have been traveling.  I have never been at an airport & just missed the flight. Is my subconscious trying to tell me something?  Is something serendipitous going to happen because of this change of plans? Or will it simply be for no reason other than a lack of attention? 

Of course my first reaction was panic, then frustration & then absolute sadness.  I eventually got over that and  began to realize it could have been much worse.   I could have been out of town and have to pay for a hotel room instead of just returning to my apartment.  I could have been flying home for a particularly special event that was to take place only tonight.  The airline could have charged me a change fee for re-scheduling my flight.  I could live further away from the airport than a $12.50 train ride. 

So while I am not where I had hoped to be tonight, I know there is a reason why.  I just hope it's something more "story-worthy" than just absentmindedness. 

1 comment:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Oooohhh Noooooo........hope you have a good Labor Day weekend after all. Maybe there is something extra special happening in NYC for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...