Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Current Obsession #2

8 weeks ago from tomorrow, I was given a Kindle for my birthday by a dear friend.  At first, I wasn't sure about it.  There is something delicious about turning the pages of a book, and placing it on your shelf after finishing.  But, I wanted to be grateful and give it a go, so I downloaded my first book; Bossypants, by Tina Fey.  I was surprised when I finished it in less than 24 hours (not sure if that says more about the book or the Kindle...but anyway...).  While I have not been reading books that will change the world (some might even promote brain-mush), I have to tell you that I have been reading more than ever with this nifty little friend.  I am in the process of finishing my 8th book on the kindle...and yes, for you math fanatics out there, that means I'm reading a book a week now.  


Here are the completed books on my Kindle:



Any suggestions on what I should read next?

4 comments:

Sally said...

Ooh I was wondering about these. I like a book myself but am secretly curious about the Kindle. I'd recommend The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber or Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry. Happy reading! x

stephrudolph said...

Oooh...thanks Sally - I have added those books to my wish list.

melodie said...

I hadn't heard about the Kindle! alright! I just finished THE HELP. I am happy to say I started it before I knew there was a movie... but sad to say that it took me THE WHOLE SUMMER to read it, even though I loved it. How was Bossypants? I am reading A TREE GROWS In BROOKLYN ( which you reccomended ageas ago...finally. smile

Sister of Icarus said...

Not sure what you like to read, but I just read "The Lost City of Z" by David Grann and it was fantastic. It's a biography on Percy Fawcett, the "last victorian explorer". It was pretty awesome.

P.S. I love my kindle too :3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...